Monday, August 31, 2020

Nov. 9, 2019

 "God used the Good News that we preached to call you to be saved. He called you, so you can share share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ." (2 Thess. 2:14 NCV).



The Holy Bible has been like a rare and precious jewelry box covered with gems & gold in many parts of the world. In years past, missionaries had to go and tell the story of God's Good News that there is room at the cross for all who believe.  But thanks to people like Cameron Townsend more people have the Bible today. 

Cameron Townsend answered the call to take the Good News to the nations. How? He started the Wycliff Bible Translators. Because of this ministry, today many people have the Word of God in their own language. Many would not know of God's great love, grace, mercy & forgiveness if they did not have the Bible in their own language. 

It makes me think of a song I learned as a child that goes like this...

Into a tent where a gypsy boy lay
Dying alone at the end of the day
News of Salvation we carry, said he
"No one has ever told it to me."

Did he so loved me a poor little boy?
Send unto me the good tidings of joy.
Need I not perish, my hand will he hold?
Nobody ever the story has told?

Bending we heard that last words of his breath
Just as he entered the valley of death.
God sent his son, "Whosoever", Said he.
Then I am sure that he sent him for me.

Smiling, he said as his last sign he spent.
I am so glad that for me he was sent.
Whispered while sank the sun in the West.
"Lord, I believe, tell it now to the rest."

Tell it again,
Tell it again.
Salvation's story repeat ovr & ovr
Still none can say of the children of men
Nobody has told me before.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment