Monday, August 31, 2020

Devotion~ Palm Sunday! 2020

 Luke 19:35-40


As I read these verses I thought about why they were singing praises to Jesus. I believe it was became in him they saw "Hope". Many of them thought that he would be the one who would free them from Rome's rule. But he did not come to free them from Rome. He came to free them and us from our sins. 

The Pharisees tried to get Jesus to tell the worshipers to be quiet. But Jesus said, " If these would be quiet, even the stones will cry out." I know that we may not be in a church to celebrate the beginning of the Holy week. But like these worshipers we too can take time this week to sing praises to God. I don;t know about you, but I will not have a stone cry out for me. I will sing praises to Jesus myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment