Monday, August 31, 2020

Devotional Sept. 30, 2018

 Pastor's sermon~Seek wisdom

How can we help? How do you rescue someone today?
James 3:13-4:3  & 5:13-20 

My devotional:
Read James 5:13-20

In the past, I have been a prayer warrior. God often would wake me up giving me names to pray for or sometimes I would just see what look like pictures of faces going by & I would pray for them. Moat of the time I never knew the outcome of my prayers. 

*But there is one I do know the outcome of. Let me tell you about it. I had friends who were short term missionaries to Vietnam. Once when they went they were not only going to do mission work, but also adopt a girl while there.

One day while they were there, I was coming down the long staircase of the home we lived in and I saw a vision of them laying dead at the bottom of the stairs. I stared praying, claiming them and their lives for God. I did so until I felt the burden lift. 

When they came home from a successful mission trip, I ask them many times, how it went? They kept saying that it was great. Finally I told them what happened to to me while they were there. 

He got a funny look on his face, and then started to tell me about a Sunday that he was there. 

They were suppose to go to an underground church that Sunday. But some students that they had taught English to ,asked them to come to the beach and teach them more English. They did and had many chances to share Christ to them. 

Later, they found out that the police had showed up at the underground church.If they had been there they would had been killed. I later heard on World news that some missionaries that were in Vietman at the same time, were killed.  
James 5:16b

OR

During the time that we were in the process of buying the house we live in today. There was a slight delay. I asked why and was told that Mr. Gander was very ill and could die.  When I heard this, I contacted as many prayer chains as I could and asked them to pray for Mr. G. Prayers went up for him all over this state, country, and even overseas. I am sure that they were going up here as well. Well, we all know how that ended. Me. G is alive today because of those prayers.
 James 5:14-16










No comments:

Post a Comment