Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Comforting hugs 34

"...This I recall in my mind therefore I have hope...It is of the the Lord's mercies...they are new every morning...therefore I will hope in him'  (Lam. 3:21-24).


For me, knowing that each morning brings a new chance to start over again, have given me hope in the new day and future. I leaned on this hope each time I would miscarry a baby, went through a divorce,  loss custody of my only living child to his Father, and so much more. When my grief was so deep I couldn't see the morning in my heart, I leaned on knowing that God's mercies was offered to me each morning. All I had to do was cry out to him and ask for it. Then in his love, he gave me his mercy. What did that look like? You may ask. 

Each day, God would take my hand and lead me through my dark hours of each day. His spirit gave me the strength to do so when I couldn't do it in my own power. When my strength was so weak that I didn't know if I could keep holding on. All I had to do was cry out to him &  he would  hold onto mine very tightly. He never let go of it. With God's help, I begin to find my new normal. My motto back then was, " little by little, bit by bit, I will get there yet." In time, I was able to walk out of my darkness into the light of each day. I'm not going to lie and tell you that it was easy, or fast. It wasn't. But with God's help, it was possible. 

Now God is no respecter of people, what he has done for me, he can do for you. Just reach your hand up to God and cry, "Lord, I need help!" And he will be there to hold onto your hand, and lead you out of your deep dark valley of grief unto the light again. He is waiting...

Comforting hugs!

Chaplain Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment