Sunday, September 13, 2015

Comforting hugs 31

" I am bent over. I've been brought very low. All day long I go around sobbing. My back is filled with burning pain. My whole body is sick. I am weak. I feel as though I have been broken in pieces. I groan because of the great pain in my heart" (Ps. 38:6-8).

It is a known fact that those who grieve are more open to illnesses. Why? When we are grieving, our bodies abilities to fight off illnesses is lowered. In fact, it has even been known to attack itself in such situations, partly because we wish that we could die, and our bodies can follow our will, by getting ill. This is why it is important that we reach out to the one who can help us find hope again ~Jesus. For when we find hope and purpose in life again, we want to live, and our bodies will follow our will.

If you find yourself in this type of situation, please, reach out to God, and others for help to find hope and purpose in life again. In this way, you can go from walking in the valley of the shadow of death, to dwell in abundant life again. 

Comforting hugs!

Chaplain Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment