Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Comforting hugs 28

"And now, dear brothers, I want you to know what happens to a Christian when he dies so that when it happens, you will not be full of sorrow, as those who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and then came back to life again, we can also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him all the Christians who have died" (1Thes. 4:13 & 14).

Many people I know has no idea that I have lived a lift with family and friends dying around me all my life. But it is true. My Mother's Father was one of 12 children.  When he and his sisters and brothers started dying , they died in groups of 3 or more. Then their spouses and some times their children have died over the years. And that is just one family. Then there is the other branches of the family as well as friends and my husband's family. Why, I recall once walking into a funeral home to one cousin's viewing and was told that his brother in law had died and was in the room next to him. 

I can hear the question now. How do you stay sane and function? Well, my faith has always comforted me. For I could turn to The Holy Bible to verses like the ones above. These verses reassures me of a life after this one where I will someday see my loved ones. You see most of my family has been Christians. My Mom's Dad was a pastor, one of his brother's was one also. Then there were many others who also had accepted Jesus as their Savior. So I have that hope that the verses speak of. That is why I can get up each morning with a smile on my face and walk through each day with joy.  

You can have that hope also. If you accept Jesus as your Savior, you too can have the hope of a great life in heaven afterward this life. Won't you come to Jesus today asking him to forgive you of all your wrongs, and ask him to be your Savior? If you do that, he will give you the ticket to heaven that he paid for on that cross. And the trip there that he paved when he also rose from the dead. 

Comforting hugs,

Chaplain Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment