Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Comforting hugs 27

"Save me, O my God. The floods have risen. Deeper and deeper I sink in the mire; the waters rise around me. I have weep until I am exhausted; my throat is dry and horse; my eyes are swollen with weeping, waiting for my God to act...But I keep right on praying to you, Lord. For now is the time- you are bending down to hear! You are ready with a plentiful supply of love and kindness. Now answer my prayer and rescue me as you promised. Pull me out of this mire. Don't let me sink in. Rescue me ...from these deep waters I am in" (Ps. 69:1-3, 13-14).


Many times when we are in the valley of grief, we feel like we are downing in our grief. It is very exhausting. Why? Because grief affects you on every level of your being, Sometime we can get caught in that valley and feel like we are stuck in grief as one would be stuck in the mire or mud. Then we ask ourselves how am I going to get out of this phase of my grief?  These verses give us the answer. Cry out to Jesus and keep doing so until he has helped you out of it. He is the only one who can get you out when you are stuck in a phase of your grief. Cry to Jesus and live again. 

Comforting hugs,

Chaplain Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment