Thursday, February 9, 2017

Digging deeper~Tuesday of Holy Week



Is. 49:1-7:Prophecy of Christ being put into his Mother's womb to save the Jews and Gentles. He will also be glorified & a light to the world.

Ps. 71:1-7: God, you put me in my Mother's womb & brought me out of it. I will trust in you for you will protect me from my enemies. 

1 Cor. 1:18-31: We preach Christ Crucified for it is the power and wisdom of God. This is foolishness to the world, but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confuse those who seek human wisdom. Above all things is Jesus Christ.

John 12:20-36: When non-Jewish people came to worship Jesus. When told this, Jesus said, "Now is my hour to be glorified... I will be lifted up" (speaking of how he would die). Jesus tells them to walk in the light. He is the light.

Challenge of the day:
Today, let us remember how Jesus was sent to us (by way of his mother's womb), and why he was sent to us (to take on the stripes and die for our healing & sins). Then  thank, & worship him for that.

Accomplishment of the day:
How did the devotion of the day help draw you closer to God & prepare you for Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment