Monday, September 28, 2015

Comforting hugs 33


 ...Here is one thing that I do. I forget what is behind me. I push hard towards what is ahead" (Phil. 3:13 NIRV).

When we have known loss, whither it be loss of job, health, relationship,  living situation, or a loved one. We often find ourselves stuck in neutral and don't know how to move forward. This is natural & is OK for a time. But it is not healthy to be there for the rest of your life. There comes a time when you realize that the world is moving on with out you and you need to get back on track. But how?

It is a two step road.

Step 1. Forget the past. 
 When your past has such a hold on you that you are stuck there, you will need to forget the past. Does this mean that you totally forget the lessons that you learned back there, or your loved one? No. You just need to allow yourself let go of the past to the point that it doesn't hold you prisoner anymore.Why? Because if you don't you will be forever a prisoner stuck where you are now.  

Step 2. You need to make goals for the future and start taking steps towards them. 
This is not an easy step for sure. But it is the only way you will get back into life.These steps need not be big one. They can be as small as getting up this morning, getting yourself cleaned up and dressed like you have somewhere important to go, even if you don't. Or go out and do something that you one loved to do, before that loss happened. Or even learn a new skill that you have found that you need now. No matter what it is, choose to take a step into your new life, and keep doing it until you get to your goal and find your new normal.

I had to do this when my first husband left me for another woman. I wanted to go to a corner, get into a ball and die. But I had a son that needed me. So I took the hard steps of getting a job, and learned how to pay my bills. When my ex-husband got custody of our son, again, I wanted to craw into that corner and die. But, I didn't. I just kept putting one small step in front of another, until I found my new normal. I have always said that I felt as though I had been cut into 1, 000's of pieces. I tried to put them back together my myself. But as I did. someone else cut those pieces into 1, 000's more, until I felt like hamburger inside & my life was as ashes. It wasn't until I gave those ashes to Jesus that I could heal. When I did that, he took the ashes that was my life and used it as compost and had a new life grow out of it. Then when my 2ed hubby and I went to adopt a baby girl with beautiful brown eyes, and she died before we could do so. Again, I had to had my love and loss to Jesus. What came out of that loss is a wonderful ministry that has helped many people who feel like a throw away. And I have a rich and full life that I love!

God can do that for you too, if you will take your broken pieces of your life and give them to him. Only he has the power to make something new out of the ashes. Only he can help you find your new normal. Won't you do so today? He is waiting with loving arms to do just that.

Comforting hugs!

Cahplain Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment