Sunday, September 20, 2015

Comforting hugs 32

"Love never ends" (1 Cor. 13:8a).

One of the hardest things to deal with, is the fact that our love for someone doesn't end when someone we love is gone. They are gone, but our heart has all this love still in it wanting to pour out on to someone. What are we to do with all this love? This is the question that I faced when our little Vannie died. 

People deal with it in different ways. Some try holding that love in, because the person that they had poured their love out on is not there anymore. But when you do that your heart will do one of two things. Either become like a bad infected boil that gets worse with time, or become hard. Either way is not a good thing. But what can I do with my love? I hear you asking. I believe that a healthy way to deal with this is to reach out to someone else in the world who needs that love. This is what I did with the love I had for Vannie. 

You see, since Vannie death 15 years ago, I have poured my love into a ministry that is named after her. The Vannie Project. That ministry has provided Books, Bibles, plants, seeds, blankets, toys, mats and pillows for the homeless, and supported orphans. Being able to pour my love on the least of these has given me much joy over the years. 

A friend of mine has found a couple of ways to celebrate her son's life. They are to make mats, pillows, and blankets for the homeless, as well as, taking all the pennies she finds on the ground and giving them to a charity that helps the homeless. 

You too can do something to remember your loved one that will give you someone or somewhere to pour all that love you have where it is so needed. All you have to do, is figure out what you want to do. Then you can happily let your love pour out! Have fun doing so!

Comforting hugs!

Chaplain Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment