Monday, April 21, 2014

Sara~ her faith gave her strength to follow her husband into a new land & become the Mother of God's people

Sara

Sara's picture stands next to her husband, Abraham's picture for a reason. Why? They both walked that path of faith. How? They both  set out on a journey away from their home and all the comforts it gave them, and lived in tents. This may not seem like much to most of us, but let us remember that they were not young when God called them to do this. In fact, they were probably old enough to be having someone take care of them. Many a woman would not follow her husband into such a journey, but Sara did. That my friend takes faith.

Another area that Sara showed her faith was when she became pregnant with Isaac(Heb. 11:11). I heard ladies say that the older they got the harder it was to carry a baby and give birth. And we don't have to remind ourselves that Sara was old.

I have a little understanding ad to the faith it takes to get through a hard pregnancy. I almost died carrying my son. His Father thought that if  I lived long enough to give him birth, that I would die soon afterwards. But I had prayed for this child and I fought to stay alive, give birth and raise him. But I also believe that I would not had fought so hard, if I had not had the faith that God would help me do it. I believe that Sara had that kind of faith too. That is why she is in the great hall of faith!


No comments:

Post a Comment