Wednesday, March 28, 2012

For such a time as this

"Who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"(Esther 4:14).

I have always felt that I was born about 100 years too late. Why? Well, I grew up during the Hippy days, and lived in a world that was filled with drugs, booze, weird clothes, and free sex.  I never understood any of it and didn't feel as though I fit in. Yet, I did what I could to change the world I lived in, for the better. You know- "brighten the corner where you are".

Then this week, I read an article that is in The Morgan County Herald that looks at a ministry I am involved in. The article did a beautiful job of showing how many of us fit together to change things in God's kingdom. Now I understand why God put me here "for such a time as this".

How about you? Have you figured out how you fit into God's kingdom and why you are here "for such a time as this"? If not, seek His will and in time you, too, will know how you fit into the timeline of God's kingdom. Even if you have to wait to find out after you're done living this life.  If you do know, keep at whatever He has given you to do. Remember, you are writing God's story with your life.

Lord, help us as we seek your will and to not grow weary in doing good. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment: