Sunday, April 29, 2012

Spring cleaning our spiritual lives

"Let all things be done decently and in order".( I Cor. 14:40)

Lately, my spring cleaning has gone from the outdoors into my little cottage. I have been cleaning out cupboards figuring out what I still use and what I don't. I feel good about what I've done so far. But there is one room that makes me cringe just to think about. It's my office/sewing room, which has turned into the room I stuffed boxes of books that needs to be gone through, clothes that needs to be mended or sewn together, and piles of papers that needs filing. It is so full I can't get to my desk to write the books I'm suppose to be writing right now. 

Our lives can become like my room. Too full of stuff to find time for God. In the 1990's I recall hearing a song being sung on a Christian radio station that said,"I miss my time with you..." It was sung from God's point of view, and he was saying, "I miss my time with you". Is our lives so busy, that God has to say that to us? If so, we need to reoranize our lives to make room for Him. Instead of hoping to find time with God, we need to schegle time with him every day. That may mean that we will have to clear something out of our life, so we get to God. Just like, I have to clear out stuff in my office/sewing room this week, so I can get to my computer to write.

May we all find ways to bring our lives order so we will will have time for God.

Dear, Lord, give us the wisdom to know what stuff is between us and you. And the boldness to move it out of the way, so you won't have to say, "I miss my time with you." In Jesus' name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment