Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rest

Read Mark 6:30-32 in different versions. When you do you will find that it says, ..."Come away with me to a...deserted place(KJV & Beck), a lonely place(RSV & NAS), a quiet place(Williams)...to rest..."

This leads me to believe that sometimes God wants us to disconnect from the world to spend time with Him resting from our life and spending time in a quiet place, so we can clearly hear what he has to say to us. After which we will have more to give to others.

My experience has proved that if we do not do this from time to time, one can burn out. For me, burn out, affected every level of my being...mind, spirit, and body. Every time I have burnt out, it has taken time to recover all the layers, sometimes years. When I burnt out in 2000, I had a wonderful experience and put it down on paper in a poem I called, "rest". As you read this poem ask yourself, How can I find time to be alone with God?

Rest

The battles the warrior faithfully did fight,
As she had walked through her life.
But as her body ached and grew weary,
And found it hard to tarry.

She had duties that she needed to lay aside,
So she called her leader and she started to cry.
"May I stand down and rest for a while?'
After an hour or so, "Why yes," was his reply.

The next morning as her Bible laid by,
In front of Jesus' throne she stood with a sigh.
"May I stand down and rest for a while?"
Jesus looked at her, "Why yes," he  said with a smile.

She handed him her duties and asked him to pray for them,
She stood as tall as she could and saluted him.
"Thank you, sir." She said as she turned,
The tears in her eyes started to burn.

She had one more to ask before she could rest,
Then she crawled up a very large staircase.
It took all she had to do, but she stood the test,
Now she struggled to her feet and stood to make her case.

In front of the Father's throne she asked with a sigh,
"May I stand down and rest for a while?"
He saw she was weary, "Why yes,"was his reply,
Her Heavenly Father looked at her with a smile.

Just about then her strength grew weak,
And she fell at her Father's feet.
He lovingly reached down and places her on his knee,
"It is now time to take your sleep.

Now she basks in his lap, as his face now she sees,
As she rests in a crease near his knee.
"In many tomorrows you may again stand the test,
But for now, my Child, take your rest."









No comments:

Post a Comment